Advertising is the main source of income for many websites and blogs that have high traffic. It could be Google AdSense alternatives, Affiliate ads, and direct Ad sales.
A problem that many faces are that advertising can be extremely difficult to manage and manage revenue strategy. Many people find that experimenting with AdSense codes and WordPress themes can quickly transform into an unending nightmare.
Have you ever tried to track the ads you’ve sold on your site?
You can easily fix these issues by installing an expert advertising management plugin for your WordPress website. Make sure to optimize your mobile advertisements.
According to an WordStream study, mobile ads were 40% more effective in CTR than desktop advertisements. Here’s an in-depth review of the top six WordPress advertising plugins to boost the revenue of your blog by providing the best advertising management system.
Best WordPress Advertising Plugins in 2022
- Ad Inserter
- Google Ad Manager
- Ads Plugin by WP QUADS
- Advanced Ads
- Ads Pro Plugin
1. Ad Inserter
Ad Inserter is a great place to start if you’re searching for a reliable and well-developed WordPress advertising plugin. It now has over 40,000 active instals and a rating of 4.9 out of 5 stars. This is one of the most well-maintained plugins in the repository, and the creator, Igor, is highly active in the help forums.
One useful feature of this plugin is that it allows you to place advertising at any time in your article. You may do it before/after the post content, or even a percentage of the way down (or the number of paragraphs). If you want an ad after the free three paragraphs, this will suffice.
There are no shortcodes to bother with because everything is put up automatically. It is also quite simple to omit particular sites and posts if you do not want an ad to appear.
The free edition has the following additional features:
- 16 code segments
- Code preview using a visual CSS editor Syntax highlighting editor
- Widgets, shortcodes, and PHP function calls must be manually inserted.
- Block alignment and styling options include left, centre, right, float left, float right, custom CSS, and no wrapping (leaves ad code as it is, otherwise it is wrapped by a div)
- Options for avoiding placement near pictures or headers
- Processing of PHP code
- Device detection on both the server and client sides (3 custom viewports)
- Categories, tags, post IDs, URLs, URL parameters, and referrers can all be black-listed or white-listed.
When it comes to picking a WordPress advertising plugin, AdRotate is one of the oldest and most popular options. It has over 50,000 active instals and a 4.3 out of 5-star rating, and it has been available since early-mid 2014.
AdRotate is a handy advertising management plugin that has pretty much everything. You may adjust your ad display immediately from your dashboard thanks to easy administration. You may quickly add, adjust, delete, and evaluate numerous banners. Ads can be configured to appear just to users viewing your site from a certain area. The plugin is available in both free and paid versions.
Each ad may be set to expire after a given amount of time or after a certain number of impressions or clicks. You may also opt to be alerted by the plugin when an advertisement is about to expire, either by e-mail or (and this is where it gets really exciting!) push notification on your iOS/Android smartphone about advertisements that are about to expire. Advertisers may even e-mail you straight from their dashboard if you sell advertising space on your site.
AdRotate provides thorough ad tracking, making it simple to discover which advertisements are doing well and which are not. CTR (click-through-rate), daily/monthly statistics, and other information are also available, and everything may be exported as CSVs.
One of its best-known features is its ability to detect the presence of an ad blocker, and give a brief alert (e.g., “You have an ad blocker in place -To get the best from this site it is recommended to disable it. .”). Ads can also be shown through shortcodes, widgets or even the PHP that your site uses to create.
Other characteristics include:
- It’s compatible It is compatible Google AdSense, DFP, and the majority of the other referrer/ad server.
- Allow your advertisers to edit or add their own advertisements , and then contact you.
- If you are selling ads, you must Accept PayPal payments on the dashboard.
- Mobile ads (differentiate the tablet from the phone)
- Adverts are disguised by blocking software so that they’re not removed. Statistics are simple to use, allowing you to determine how each advertisement running.
- Adverts that are adaptable
- Put banners in random places or in a planned manner on posts or pages.
- There are several groups that are available for each banner website.
- Display multiple ads within the form of a column, grid or row at simultaneously.
- Ads should be disabled by default once they have expired.
- To display advertisements on your site you can use shortcodes, widgets or PHP.
- AdRotate isn’t yet fully capable of working with Nginx FastCGI page caching.
3. Google Ad Manager
Google Ad Manager is a publisher-facing web-based ad selling and serving tool. It incorporates the best of Google’s prior advertising solutions, DoubleClick and Ad Exchange, providing it a competitive advantage in terms of dependability and cost effectiveness over rival platforms.
Google Ad Manager works well for larger websites. It allows Google AdSense and other advertising networks to compete on price, and it automatically selects the best paid ad to display on your website.
Google Ad Manager also features excellent reporting capabilities that allow you to more properly measure ad success than competing alternatives. Despite its efficiency, it is a little difficult to get started with.
4. Ads Plugin by WP QUADS
WP Quads’ Advertisements plugin is a variant of the long-defunct Quick AdSense ads plugin, which was the most well-known advertising plugin available in the repository. It’s completely rebuilt from scratch with a solid code base and is run by the same team that developed MashShare. MashShare Social Media Sharing plugin. It has over 10,000 active accounts and has a score of 4.9 out five stars.
If you’re just looking to have AdSense working on your site in a short time this could be the ideal solution. If you’re still using Quick AdSense,
This plugin comes with a “fast-import” feature that lets you easily switch to another version. One of the recent features is it supports Google AMP advertisements. Similar to the plugins previously mentioned comes with an option to download a premium or free version.
The team also focuses on efficiency and efficiency, which is a good thing, and there aren’t any other scripting requirements for external scripts. A few of the additional features include:
- Insert Google AdSense adverts directly or at random across an article.
- Support any Ads code; not only Google Adsense Display up to 10 Ads on a page
- Sidebar Widgets may support up to ten Ads codes at a time.
- Support up to ten Ads codes for customised positioning and randomization inside a post.
- Use shortcodes in your adverts.
5. Advanced Ads
Advanced Ads is a straightforward advertisement management tool designed by a publisher, for publishers. Based on the developer’s experience providing millions of ads every month, he created the advertising plugin to be a sturdy but light solution for not just managing banners and inserting them into WordPress as well as optimizing and testing them. It currently has more than 100,000 active users and an average 4.9-star rating.
The plugin has been in use for a long time and the developer is active in the forums for help. The plugin, just like those mentioned previously comes with a free version, and later paid add-ons. The plugin is compatible with all types of ads such as ads that rotate as well as ad injection and adswitches. Some of the additional features are:
- Manage and show an infinite number of advertisements.
- Ads may be scheduled, duplicated, and have expiration dates specified.
- Affiliate advertising or ad codes from any ad network
- With a paid add-on, you can get Google AMP support.
- Sticky advertising, popup advertisements, and other paid add-ons may be included anywhere in your content.
6. Ads Pro Plugin
It is the Ads Pro plugin is a Codecanyon premium plugin that lets you to manage, market and show advertising space. If you’re acquainted with the BuySellAds market, then you can create the private BSA on your website and not use an outside company. It’s amazing! It has sold more than 2,400 units and a score of 4.4 out five stars.
The plugin comes with a grid and templates to display ads that are useful and easy to use on your website. It’s also free of ads blockers. Highlight your banners, which include Google AdSense banners, in more than 20 ways! Some of the additional features are:
- Aiming at geography (countries or states/provinces as well as zip codes)
- Ads can be scheduled and delayed.
- Ads will be displayed on specific devices if you choose this option (mobile tablet, desktop)
- Categories and Tags Filter
- Hooks to display ads prior to or during and after content. Options for showing/closing ads after an interval of X seconds
- Limiting the number of advertisements that can be displayed to users or sessions.
- Show your ads in more than twenty different formats (sidebar floating, sidebar background corners, corner peel grids, hover, and more)
- Massive backend management (easily manage your advertisements)
- 25+ examples of ready-to-use Templates that are responsive and easy to use
- Advertisements for sale by using different types of models: CPC, CPM, and CPD
- PayPal, Stripe, WooCommerce and other payment options are accepted.
If you’re looking for a WordPress marketing plugin that can let you manage your own sales of ads and clients, this plugin is an essential plugin!
Another WordPress advertising plugin that allows you to control your adverts and is tailored for Google AdSense is the WP-Insert plugin. It was designed by the SmartLogix Technologies team. It presently has over 30,000 active instals and a 4.5-star rating.
WP-Insert has a lot to live up to as the “ultimate WordPress plugin.” As a result, it has a lot going for it. WP-Insert does a lot more than merely moving your advertising around, as the plugin’s name suggests. It can also handle tracking codes from Google Analytics (or any other third party), display legal notifications, and highlight codes in your theme editor.
However, for the sake of this piece, we will just concentrate on the feature that is most important to us: ad management. WP-Insert is compatible with a variety of ad networks. That means you may operate many advertising networks (such as Yahoo!, AdBrite, AdSense, Chitika, and others) concurrently without violating any network’s terms and conditions. Ads from up to three distinct networks can be shown at the same time.
The plugin includes mind-boggling 20 ad widgets to let you modify your layout. Each widget has its own configuration and scheduling options. Furthermore, you may incorporate ad code directly into your theme code (bloggers can still control the plugin from the dashboard). In-post advertisements can also be shown above, below, in the middle, or on the left/right sides of the text.
Banners are displayed by using shortcodes. The collection of rules that regulate when, when, and how the ad is presented is most astounding. You may also geo-target advertisements: display AdSense ads to visitors in the United States and AdBrite ads to visitors in Germany, or anything you wish.
Overall, a fantastic plugin that provides various answers in a single step.
As you can see, there are several excellent alternatives for making advertisement administration easier in WordPress. In reality, several of the plugins listed above are entirely free. You may also add premium features like Google AMP support and geo-targeting to them.
So you should have no excuses to start testing better ad placements, A/B testing, and optimising mobile advertisements. Do you have a favourite WordPress ad plugin that we didn’t mention? If so, please let us know in the comments section below.